Are you planning to start guest blogging to promote your own blog online? If so, then before starting you need to consider the benefits as well as the drawbacks of guest blogging. However, a large number of people are relying on guest blogging to promote their business online without much hassle. Make sure you’re aware of the advantages as well as the disadvantages before you plan for guest blogging.
What are the benefits of guest blogging?
Here are some of the benefits of guest blogging that you can consider:
- Increase in web traffic: You can manage to get traffic to your blog as well as get a relevant links that may lead to your website. If your website is not attractive enough to grab attention of the visitors, then it may not get public attention. Therefore, try to make your website more visually appealing to draw web traffic.
- Build Brand Reputation: By guest blogging in other blogs, you can effortlessly build a portfolio by expressing yourself on a wide scale. As a result, you’re increasing your exposure; thereby giving an opportunity to build your brand image. You can effortlessly build online brand reputation without putting hard labor. Therefore, in the course of time more people may visit your blog once you build brand reputation.
- High Quality Content: If you have your own blog and you’ve allowed the guest bloggers in your website, you can be sure that they’ll give their best. The guest bloggers may provide the high quality content in the form of guest posts on your blog.
- Expand your blog experience: Guest blogging can be beneficial for a primary blogger as well as the guest blogger. This is because they both can mutually generate traffic for their respective websites.
What are the drawbacks of guest blogging?
Here are some of the crucial drawbacks of guest blogging that you need to consider:
- Get linked with link firm: If you get a back link from the link firm, then the search engines can penalize your website. Therefore, you can get penalty for linking to spam pages or pages created solely for the purpose of generating sales.
- Short Guest post can be harmful: If the guest posts are too short, then it can be an addition to low quality pages on your website. As a result, it can lower the overall quality of your blog for your visitors as well as search engine bots.
- Guest Posts may not be accepted by your regular readers: The style of the guest blogger is completely different from the style of your website writing. In some cases, your regular visitors may not like different style of writing every time they land on your website.
Therefore, you need to keep the above mentioned points in mind when you plan for guest blogging.