Virtualbox Guest Additions tool installation guide:-This is my another article based on Virtual Box. In my previous article i have posted about virtualization and virtual machines. If you have read that article so you have found some draw back like you are unable to set the virtual machine on full screen and even not able to copy the Host files to Guest Operating system. Actually these are not the drawbacks and limitations of software. Because the Virtual Box has all the features you want, just read this article and get the solution your problem. I also mentioned the name of another software program for virtualization i.e VM ware, which uses a vmware tool to explore the features and functionality of Host machine to Virtual machine. Similarly Virtual Box is using Virtual box Guest Additions tool to make your virtual machine familiar to host machine. So today’s article is based on the installation of Guest Addition tool in virtual machine. One thing i want to tell you about Virtual box and VM ware workstation i.e both are used for same purpose but the VM ware workstation is best for the well configured machines because it utilize more processing speed. So if you are not having a well configured machine please don’t go for VM ware just do your experiment virtual box.
If you want to get some more information about virtual machine just read this article:- How to create virtual machine using Virtual Box
- A virtual machine whether it is of Windows operating system or Linux.
- Make sure that your firewall is turned off so that virtual machine can make a network connection toward host machine.
- Start your virtual machine. Provide the appropriate resource like RAM according to your system hardware specification.
- Now go to the Devices menu and there you will find the sub menu “Install Guest Addition” at the bottom, just click on it. Don’t get confuse just follow the below instructed images
- After clicking there you will find a new popup installation windows on your virtual machine screen i.e the installer of Guest Addition tool, just follow the instruction given by installer and install the guest addition tool.
- If you have completed the installation process then it will ask you to reboot the virtual machine, just reboot the virtual machine and wait until it starts. After this you have to do two small changes by following the option menu as shown in pictures, firstly if you want to switch your virtual machine to full screen mode then go to the view menu and select the option “switch to full screen and another change you have to do is to allow the drag and drop feature from host to guest machine by selecting the “Drag n Drop” option from Device menu. Again i am saying don’t be confused just follow the below images.
- That’s it now you have the environment like an physical machine on virtual machine as well as you can drag and drop the files from Host to Guest OS and Guest to Host OS, here i recommend you to choose the “Bidirectional” option in previous step. Hope you find some thing useful from these for you. If you have some queries related to this, you can ask through posting comments. and don’t forget to share this article : Virtual box Guest Additions tool installation guide